Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Bike Soon!

Well my insurance adjuster from Allstate got back with me today and I will be reimbursed for my bicycle that was totaled in my crash. I am so glad! I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to buy a bike that was comparable to the one I had. I am going to be buying my bike from the shop that did the post collision inspection of my bike, IKON Cycles. I think it is important to use local shops as much as possible for making major purchases and for maintenance, at least the stuff I'm not equiped to do. But I do like working on my own bikes, it makes it a much more personal experience riding something that you take care of. I do use internet "mail-order" places for a lot of things, but feeling welcome in a local shop is an important cycling experience.

I have a doctors appointment on Thursday to have them x-ray my collarbone. It still hurts quite a bit, I haven't made it through a whole day at the office yet. I am working until the pain gets to much and then working from home the rest of the day. I'm just thankful for having a job that allows me to work from home when I need to.

I think I am going to go nuts if I have to wait too much longer to ride, but I know that I can't rush my recovery. Just miss the ride to and from work and the long rides on the weekend. At least now I am closer to getting a new bike and getting back to riding again.

No comments:

Post a Comment