Saturday, November 21, 2009

Indoor Training

Just finished my first ride since my collision, 35 minutes on an indoor trainer.  Did some single leg work, boy is that hard.  If I could I would buy some PowerCranks, but I don't have that kind of money.  Single leg work does a good job though.

Drew and I are headed to the SacramentoCX series race tomorrow in Discovery Park.  It will be Drew's first bicycle race and hopefully he will enjoy it.  Wish I was riding, but maybe next year.  Cathy and I are planning to go to both the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia in the next couple of years and I just hope that Drew can enjoy racing half as much as I do.  There are so many racing options for Cyclocross in Northern California, just about every weekend somewhere close, Folsom had a race last weekend.

I wish there was a bicycle club out here that I liked.  I haven't really got a good feeling about any of them, not like Mt. Oread, Lawrence Bicycle Club or Wheatland Cycling Team back in Kansas.  I think I will race under the Wheatland colors this year, but we will see if I can find a team out here that I can hook up with.  The Davis Bicycle Club has a good team, but I don't live in Davis.  I would like to be able to do club rides with the team.  The only two teams I have tried to contact are Rio Strada and Sacramento Golden Wheelmen, and only Rio Strada has responded.  Maybe I can have meet some of the Rio Strada people and see if I would like to race with them.  I will post some pictures of the race tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, I hope you enjoyed the Cyclocross race yesterday. It sure was a beautiful day for a cx race here in Sacramento! Please contact us via our web page at http://www.riostradaracing.org/ - we'd love to have you come out and ride with our team and see if it will be a good fit for you. You could also come to one of our team meetings and meet some more of our members.

    -JayD
    Rio Strada Racing

    ReplyDelete