Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Second ride

Well the second ride was just as good as the first, awesome bike!  I would like to say that Ikon Cycles was great in setting up the bike, please support your local shop as much as you can.  I know that mail order or should I say internet dealers offer some things at a reduced cost, but if you are buying a high-end bicycle, support your local economy and get fitted in your local shop.

I am hoping that I can resist indulging too much on Thanksgiving, not alcohol, just food.  I don't drink, except the occasional glass of wine, and by occasional I mean once every 6 months or so.  I do love Pinot Grigio.  There are too many good foods at Thanksgiving, who can resist the green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing.  We are doing hummus and nan, which I love as well.  I am going to attempt to make hummus from scratch along with the tahini to add into the hummus.  I will let you all know how this turns out.

On the cycling front it looks like Astana might not get its Protour licence after all.  Personally I hope they don't, not because I want their riders to lose chance to ride Protour events, I just don't think Astana will take care of most of their riders.  I'm not a Contador fan, but he would do much better on a different team.  I really want to see what the Radioshack team kit will look like, maybe after the Tucson training camp we will get to see.  I hope Cadel Evans gets the support he needs at BMC, I think he has a TdF win in him, and he deserves to get at least one win at the TdF.  At least he appears to be attacking now, not just sitting back and letting the race come to him, time will tell though.  I am really looking forward to the new Vector   powermeter by MetriGear, less than $1,000.  Not like I can afford it or anything, but it finally has the chance to bring the use of power meters to the masses and doesn't require a crankset that cost over $3,000 or a specific set of wheels.

Well deadlines loom at work, and I should get some more work done before bed. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment