Saturday, March 13, 2010

Home alone!

Well it is Saturday and Cathy and Andrew are in San Francisco enjoying the sights with Phil and Andrea.  Lucky me I get to be at home.  Doing laundry with one arm, still healing from surgery, so I can wash the laundry but can't get it back upstairs to fold.  Oh well.

Had a great Italian meal last night, seafood risotto with halibut, salmon, shrimp and spinach with a chardonnay-lobster cream sauce and fresh tomatoes at Il Forno Classico in Gold River, CA.  Very good, would have had some wine, but wine and painkillers don't mix.  Tomorrow grilling outside for a crowd from church, I will be making some fresh salsa for the chips.

Tirenno-Adriatico looks like it is getting good, and Michele Scarponi, last years leader, is in the lead again.  Paris-Nice looks like Alberto Contador is going to win, as he took a good win on Stage 4, but Valverde is only 14 seconds back and Roman Kreuzinger and Luis-Leon Sanchez are 25 and 26 seconds back, respectively.  I would love to see some real competition on the last stage tomorrow.  Milan-San Remo is next weekend and it looks like Tom Boonen is on track, while Mark Cavendish hasn't got his form as of yet.  Dental surgery will set you back, and it kept Mark of his bike most of January.  I can sympathize, being stuck not being able to ride due to my collarbone surgery. I think I will go crazy if I can't get out on the road soon.  I am hoping that my x-rays on Tuesday will show the bone growing together, if nothing else I will at least get rid of the staples.

Beautiful weather out today, Northern California does have some pretty nice weather, just don't like it when it gets over 100, but at least it isn't humid.  Looks like another fondo, the Echelon Gran Fondo in Napa is set for May 23rd.  Maybe I might try it, the 100 miler only has about 3000 feet of climbing, if I get a chance to ride pretty soon.  I just don't want to push the recovery too fast, it's not like I "need" to be ready to ride at any particular time.  Riding again soon will do the most for my metal well being.

Well hope the weather is nice where you live, or bundle up and get out and ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment