Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Classics and it is about time

Well just one week left before my x-ray.  I am so ready to be back on my bike!  Five weeks without being able to ride, well, I could ride on the trainer if I didn't move my shoulder, but I have been very protective of my shoulder.  I need to get on with some training, especially since I have my racing licence and want to put it to good use.

It has been rather rainy and relatively (for Northern Cal) cold here, but we really need the rain, it has been unbelievably dry here the past couple of years and it will be good to have at least a normal amount of rain.  The midwest and southwest have already got into the 80's, but it is struggling to get to 60 here.  I am sure that it will be ridiculously hot here before I know it.  I need to drop at least 40 to 50 pounds so I can climb halfway decent, but it should come off quickly once I can start riding with regularity.  Even before I had my surgery I wasn't riding every day since it was still a little cold out and I wasn't really able to ride too hard.

Fabian Cancellara did a spectacular job in the Ronde van Vlaanderen yesterday.  I watched on Sporza live, and then watched the VersusTV 2 hour program later in the day.  Can't wait for Paris-Roubaix on the 11th and then the Amstel Gold Race on the 18th.  Of course the Tour of California will be starting May 16, can't miss that since it is in my back yard practically.  I want to ride the first and second stages at some point, nothing like riding the actual stages to get a good perspective on what they will be going through.  I can ride the distances just fine, it is just the pace and climbs, although they aren't very big, that do me in.

1 comment:

  1. you will be cleared on tuesday and on the bike Wednesday if I know you

    ReplyDelete