Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All work and no play

I got such a headache, too many major projects demanding my time, and dealing with people who have no idea what they are doing. I am beginning to think it is amazing that we graduate as many engineers as we do, it seems like most of them were absent a good portion of the time they were in school. Either that or they partied so much they killed all the brain cells they had used to learn engineering in the first place. A requirement of a doctorate is a lobotomy, at least that is what it seems to require, all common sense must be eliminated. Maybe if I had finished my dissertation that would have doomed me to the removal of my common sense.

Ordered my new bicycle last week, before I headed to Disneyland, I can't wait for it to be built. Disneyland was fun, but the food wasn't near as good as Disneyworld in Florida. I think Epcot makes the experience that much better.

Looks like the Giro will be great next year, too bad the Tour of California and the Giro are at the exact same time. I understand why they moved the ToC to be more of a Tour de France warmup instead of a pre-season race. I think the ToC will be fun to watch and I can at least attend the ToC, but they still haven't really included the Sierra's yet, if they really wanted to make the race harder they could do so easily. Just riding in the foothills is difficult enough, but I know there are quite a few hard climbs around Tahoe and even the Levi's Gran Fondo route is more difficult than some of the current stages.

We enough random thoughts, time to sign off for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment