Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Doctors and New Years Wishes

Well I have had two sets of x-rays on my collarbone, both showing that healing isn't progressing as it should.  So my orthopedist has ordered an EXOGEN Ultrasonic Bone Healing System to help get the growth started.  I am hoping this helps get things going.  I also tweaked my knee last week running, I had the doctor take a look at my knee while I was there.  I may have a torn meniscus, but I am hoping it is just an irritated tendon or something, but he scheduled an x-ray just in case.

I did get some shoe covers, full-fingered gloves and a Pearl Izumi headband for Christmas, so now I can ride in the cold.  Although I don't know if I will be riding much until my knee feels better.  I am hopeful that next year works out better, no surgeries, collisions or otherwise painful problems.



The photo is from Cor Vos courtesy of PezCycling, it is Hinault in the 1980 edition of Liege-Bastogne-Liege, what a classic, classic.  I am looking forward to the new season and all the Spring classics!  It will be interesting to see if Edvald Boasson-Hagen can win another classic like the Ghent-Wevelgem this year and shown below in another Cor Vos photo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment