Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wow, I actually won something!

Well I didn't win a race, but I did win a really cool prize from POM Wonderful.  I re-tweeted their posts which contained a picture of POM in it and yesterday (Monday), I found out I won the grand prize from Friday's stage of the Amgen Tour of California.  I guess I got a whole Argyle Club Sportif membership for the Garmin-Transitions cycling team and some POM products as well, really cool.  I have contacted them, but haven't heard back yet, I hope this pans out, I could really use the kit.  Garmin and Saxo Bank are my favorite teams so getting some kit from Garmin would be too cool.  I'll post pictures when I get the kit.

I am really tired, since I have been so sick I don't have any real stamina for working more than 8 hours in the office.  I think I am on the way to recovery, coughing has lessened and I can breath a little easier, just need to get back on the bike.   Need to watch the food intake as well, I am eating well, but could do better at home.

The Giro has been awesome this year!  Not predictable as it has been and the the stage with the finish on Zoncolan and the ITT on Plan de Corones were amazing.  I can't imagine the pain on the ITT today, 12.9 km and very steep.  I love the gravel portions, I guess growing up in Kansas riding on gravel is just a part of riding.  I am already looking forward to cyclocross this next winter.  Although Basso is coming off of a doping suspension I do think he is clean now and I hope he is at least on the podium.  I think Cadel can put off the grand tour win if he continues to attack they way he has been, the critics can't fault him now!  No matter how it turns out this years Giro d'Italia has been one of the best, at least of the last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment